Welcome to Your Money Haven…your one-stop-blog with useful tips to help you spend less, save more and earn more .
Are you a saver, compulsive spender, love to invest or just want to grow your income? Great! I’ve definitely got something for you.
A Little bit about me
I’m a finance lawyer (technically, I do way more than financial law), personal finance coach and passionate about social issues. When I’m not here, I may be tackling legal issues, volunteering on a compelling project, or trying(and failing to read and write music).
I created this blog as an ode to a life time of people-watching and ‘penny’ pinching.
My money journey has been an interesting one. From humble beginnings of saving my allowance as a child(and giving away most of it-my brother may not agree), I then invested what was left as a teenager and sadly spent it all as a young adult. Over the last few years, I have had to turn it all around. I started saving again, invested a bit and now working to grow my income. I hope to share what I have learnt so far with you.
The ‘Why’ question
This blog is a medium to provide useful suggestions to young professionals and millennials in their quest to successfully tackle their finances. With articles on:
- How to grow your income
- Saving & Budgeting
- Understanding your relationship with money and just generally living an intentional life.
My mission is to help you save more, earn more and ultimately give more while living the life you’ve always wanted.
A bit more about the blog…
Once in a very long while, I will write on other things that will give you a different snapshot on life. I publish what I call Poetic Prose (which is my special blend of poetry and prose (spoiler alert – it never rhymes).
I will also write on my observations on the vagaries of life; a short narration of different facets of life with an interesting perspective on why we act the way we do. Here are a few of the ‘better ones’ on poetic prose and my thoughts & things I have observed from human interactions. I’m sure you will agree with a few of these.
Want to know more about me?
Here are 10 things about me:
- I love food. I truly do. While I like trying out new cuisines, I am also selective, some of my favourites include the local cuisine where I reside, Chinese and Italian)
- I am the middle child (the forgotten one), though people usually think I’m the first.
- I was at some point a customer service rep at Marks & Spencer, it was awesome; delicious food and a great brand.
- I love travelling but I’ve only been to 10 countries. Will try and remedy this in the near future
- I have been trying to learn French for over a decade. Finally took my B1(Intermediate) DELF exams a few years ago. Progress.
- Dream job: Movie and Food Critic. This has got to be the most amazing combo.
- I am an unrepentant feminist and believe in fairness and justice.
- I love reading fiction books and hope to author one(or more) someday.
- I had hoped to meet Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa and Michael Jackson but never got a chance.
- I constantly remind myself that my time on earth is limited and it is important to make the most it.
I look forward to sharing my tips and suggestions with you and hope these will provide that necessary buffer in your journey to achieve your money goals.
All the best, Sailor!